I have just finished reading Edvaldo’s book on VMM 2012 which was recently released by PacktPub. I recommend this book very much for anybody looking for a quick and efficient guide to managed virtualization!
In over 60 recipes, Edvaldo covers the administration and management of virtual environments using System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1. This comprehensive book guides you through planning and setting up your management infrastructure by covering all important aspects of VMM to get started quickly, such as:
- How to use VMM Architecture and plan for a real word deployment
- Utilize Network Virtualization, Gateway integration, Storage integration, Resource Throttling, and Availability options
- Deploy Operations Manager and integrate with VMM
- Integrate SC APP Controller with VMM to manage Private and Public Clouds (Azure)
- Cluster deployment with VMM Bare Metal
- Create and deploy Virtual Machines from Templates
- Deploy a highly available VMM Management Server
- Manage Hyper-V, Vmware, and Citrix from VMM
- How to upgrade from SCVMM 2008R2 to SCVMM 2012 SP1
Chapter 1 focuses on architectural aspects of virtual infrastructures and on establishing a common understanding of the subject. Chapter 2 and 3 guide you through the process of installing stand-alone and highly available VMM management servers. After configuring the fabric, which is explained in chapter 4, chapter 5 covers the deployment of VM and services. The remaining chapters cover special aspects of VMM, such as upgrading from VMM 2008 R2, scripting, managing VMware and Citrix XenServer hosts, as well as managing hybrid cloud environments.
I can very much recommend this book to everybody looking for a quick and comprehensive guide to mastering the management of virtual infrastructures with Virtual Machine Manager 2012.
The book is available from the Packt website (http://bit.ly/Xzse12) and Amazon.