This solution allows you to create Change Request views indicating the Stage of the current Activity which is In Progress. It includes an extension for the Change Request class and a workflow which updates the Change Request whenever an Activity changes to In Progress.
The local C: partition running out of free space is a very common incident that Service Desk teams have to deal with. In this article, I am going to show you how you can use SCSM together with the SCCM connector to build a workflow which will automatically raise new incidents when the free space on the C: drive on any client computer in your CMDB goes below a certain capacity.
For those of you who often work with management pack XML code, the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions (VSAE) might be a useful solution. The following features are a selection of what VSAE adds to Visual Studio:
- Management Pack project templates for SCSM and SCOM
- Support for XML fragments containing different management pack elements
- True XSD validation with IntelliSense
- Automatic sealing and MP bundling as part of the build process
- Automatic deployment of MPs to your management group