SCSM 2012 brought a lot of great new features, but there are some minor changes which I find annoying. One of these changes is the “Change Incident Status” task group which includes the “Resolve” task. I (and most of my customers) prefer this task to be in the root task list, as it used to be in SCSM 2010. Read this blog post to bring this task back to where it belongs.
Low Disk Space Incident Workflow
The local C: partition running out of free space is a very common incident that Service Desk teams have to deal with. In this article, I am going to show you how you can use SCSM together with the SCCM connector to build a workflow which will automatically raise new incidents when the free space on the C: drive on any client computer in your CMDB goes below a certain capacity.
Authoring Management Packs using the System Center 2012 Visual Studio Authoring Extensions
For those of you who often work with management pack XML code, the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions (VSAE) might be a useful solution. The following features are a selection of what VSAE adds to Visual Studio:
- Management Pack project templates for SCSM and SCOM
- Support for XML fragments containing different management pack elements
- True XSD validation with IntelliSense
- Automatic sealing and MP bundling as part of the build process
- Automatic deployment of MPs to your management group
Changing the default language of the SCSM 2012 Portal
As you might be aware of, the SCSM 2012 Self-Service Portal is multi-language capable. However, although you can add languages to the portal, I haven’t found any documented steps as to how to change the default language (which is always set to English).
This blog post will walk you through the necessary steps to change the default language of the SCSM 2012 Self-Service Portal.
SCSM 2012 Upgrade: “[Group] is not a valid Active Directory group or user”
Today I encountered a problem when I tried to upgrade one of my customer’s SCSM 2010 SP1 environment to SCSM 2012 RTM. The setup was aborted with the error message “[Group] is not a valid Active Directory group or user”. It took me quite a while to find the root cause of this problem, so I thought I will share it for those of you who run into the same issue.